Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cool The Engines

"Now I like takin' off
Don't like burnin' out
Every time you turn it on
Makes me want to shout

We keep getting hotter
Movin' way too fast
If we don't slow this fire down
We're not gonna last


Song of the day brought to you by a conversation or six I was having with one of my lovers. Despite taking this relationship slower than I ever have, apparently we've been going faster than some would like to see.

While on the one hand, I can see where they are coming from, and I don't want this to be a huge hot burning bonfire that burns out too quickly, I also don't want this to just be a candle flame, either (although candles are fun for other things).

Im happy with the speed my relationship has been going, but for the sake of my sanity (lest one of my partners throw a wrench into things) I will slow down. I feel like my sanity (what little there is of it) is balanced on a tripod, and it would be a simple matter of kicking one of those legs outwards to destroy the tenuous hold I have on it.

Really, what I would like to do is shout at the top of my lungs announcing to the world how much I love this man... And I have, in the car on the way back from a trip out into the desert... At 1am, in the middle of nowhere, no one can hear what you scream in the dark... #justsayin

Boston's Cool The Engines

No comments: